COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
The health and safety of our Guests and Staff are of the utmost importance to us, and with that in mind we have fine-tuned our already rigorous cleaning and sanitizing protocols.
- Blocking off at least 1 day after Guests have checked out in order that rooms be thoroughly deep cleaned, sanitized and left empty for a period of time;
- Hand sanitizer is in each room and common areas and complimentary masks are in each room on your arrival. Staff will be masked at all times and will observe the two meter physical distance rule;
- We have a list of over 60 points of contact for each room and common areas that we ensure are sanitized. Points of contact in common areas, including deck furniture, door handles, light switches, banisters and drawer and door knobs are sanitized each and every day;
- Towels and dishes are being exchanged hands-free. We are not coming into rooms each morning to freshen, unless we are asked to (in which case room attendants will be gloved and masked. Small tables have been placed outside each of our rooms and fresh towels and in-room dishes are left there. Damp towels may be left in a lined hamper outside our laundry room and dishes on the sideboard. Should a guest prefer that we not freshen, we are happy to respect that decision;
-- As of writing (June 2020), all of our wonderful restaurants are providing take away meals - you may need to order ahead but do contact them direct. See Our Neighbourhood page for contact links. Some of the restaurants now have patios open but they fill up quickly. We encourage you to book ahead! If you'd rather bring your meal back to the Inn, we have a supply of dishes, cutlery and disposable napkins in the cabinet in the main hallway. We also have acrylic glasses so you may enjoy a beverage on The Deck. The Deck is large enough (800 square feet), that guests from all three rooms can comfortably observe physical distancing while enjoying a morning coffee, a post-beach beverage or evening star gazing.. Patio furnishings are wiped down each day and hand sanitizer is available just outside The Deck door. Garbage and re-cycle bins are located at one corner of the deck for food and packaging waste;
- Dishes, cutlery and glassware are washed on the sanitize setting of our dishwasher and laundry is done on-site, again on the sani setting. Sheets are hand ironed with a commercial grade steam iron;
We believe that our cleaning and sanitization routines exceed any directives issued by County, Provincial and Federal health directives. If you would like us to provide you with anything additional, please ask and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
173 High Street wishes that you will sleep well here, in luxury, comfort and privacy.
Paul and Lisa