COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
At 173 High Street we are entirely focused on the experience of our guests and our priority is always your health and safety. Now, more than ever, in light of the evolving Coronavirus situation, we are focused on the health and safety of all our guests and employees without compromising the quality of your experience when you stay with us. We are adhering to the lasted information, protocols and tools from the world's leading health experts and government authorities to maximize the effectiveness of our response. We have maintaned our already stringent practices around sanitization, disinfection and cleaning, plus specific measures based on the guidance of the local health authority (Grey Bruce Health).
- Hand sanitizer is in each room and common areas and complimentary masks are in each room on your arrival. Staff will be masked at all times and will observe the two meter physical distance rule;
- We have a list of over 60 points of contact for each room and common areas that we ensure are sanitized. Points of contact in common areas, including deck furniture, door handles, light switches, banisters and drawer and door knobs are sanitized each and every day;
- We are happy to offer daily room freshening or towels and dishes are being exchanged without us entering your room. Small tables have been placed outside each of the rooms and fresh towels and in-room dishes are left there. Damp towels may be left in a lined hamper outside our laundry room and dishes on the sideboard.
- Most of our wonderful restaurants are providing take away meals - you may need to order ahead but do contact them direct. See the Our Neighbourhood page for contact links. Some of the restaurants now have patios open but they fill up quickly. We encourage you to book ahead! If you'd rather bring your meal back to the Inn, we have a supply of dishes, cutlery and disposable napkins in the cabinet in the main hallway. We also have acrylic glasses so you may enjoy a beverage on The Deck. The Deck is large enough (800 square feet), that guests from all three rooms can comfortably observe physical distancing while enjoying a morning coffee, a post-beach beverage or evening star gazing.. Patio furnishings are wiped down each day and hand sanitizer is available just outside The Deck door.
- Dishes, cutlery and glassware are washed on the sanitize setting of our dishwasher and laundry is done on-site, again on the sani setting and sheets are hand ironed with a commercial grade steam iron;
- Floors are washed and then steamed and soft furnishings are also steamed regularly.
We believe that our cleaning and sanitization routines exceed any directives issued by County, Provincial and Federal health directives. If you would like us to provide you with anything additional, please ask and we'll do our best to accommodate you.
173 High Street wishes that you will sleep well here, in luxury, comfort and privacy.
Paul and Lisa